They have become very popular for their convenience and portability as they offer a lot of advantages over other methods of smoking a joint. However, there are some things you will need to consider when buying spoons. Read on to learn more.
What is a Spoon Pipe?
Spoon pipes, also commonly known as spoons, dry pipes, or hand pipes, are compact joint smoking tools that got their name due to their kitchen spoon shape. These pipes have four key components: carb, neck, bowl, and mouthpiece. Spoons come in a wide range of different colors and designs and they are one of the most convenient smoking tools available on the market. A classic spoon pipe is portable and reliable.
Things to Consider When Buying a Spoon Pipe
When buying a hand pipe, there are some things that you should take into consideration. Firstly, consider the length of the mouthpiece as this will influence how smooth your draws are. Secondly, it would be a good idea to choose spoons made from borosilicate glass as they are more resilient and sturdy. Since they come in a variety of designs and colors, don’t forget to choose what you find visually pleasing. The most popular models available on the market feature elegant designs and offer the most immersive smoking experience.
Advantages of Spoon Pipes
Following are the key advantages of spoons:
- They are very compact which makes them easy to conceal and excellent for outdoor smoking because they can easily fit in a case, purse, or pocket.
- Spoons also fit nicely in hands thanks to their ideal bowl shape. Their elegant finish maximizes grip.
- Similar to glass pipes, spoon pipes are easier to clean due to their shape and design. Their shape also prevents them from getting clogged.
- The carefully designed spoons lie flat on surfaces and don’t tilt. This makes them easy to pick as there is no risk of spilling dry herbs.
- Unlike most other tools, spoons can be fixed. This means if your spoon pipe has broken into pieces (not the numerous tiny pieces), you should be able to get it back together.
How to Use a Spoon Pipe
Using a spoon pipe may seem challenging at first because it requires some experience and training. However, once you get the hang of it, you will find it easy to use. The following instructions will help:
- Grind your dry herb into tiny pieces via a grinder. Then, fill your bowl with them a little below the brim.
- Now place your finger over the carb hole and then light the bowl.
- Use the mouthpiece to inhale the dry herb.
- To clear the pipe, simply remove your finger from the carb.
An important thing to keep in mind throughout the process is that you are in control of how much smoke you inhale. It is highly recommended that you start with small inhales.
How to Clean a Spoon Pipe
Regular cleaning of spoons is very important to ensure that any built-up residue is removed in a timely manner. You can use a pipe cleaner or a similar tool for scrubbing and scraping the inside of your spoon pipe. Another method for cleaning is the isopropyl rubbing alcohol or a glassware cleaning solution. If you use this method, don’t forget to remove any cleaning solution afterwards and then let it dry before using the spoon again for a new session.
Visit the Pipe Tools & Cleaning section of our site to browse and buy smoking pipe cleaning supplies. The high-quality products available here will help you maintain your spoon pipe and keep it as fresh and clean as the day you bought it.