Why Glass Hand Pipes?
Glass hand pipes are the most sought-after type of pipes available on the market and it’s not surprising why. They are your best bet if you don’t want any extra flavor to smoke. The material itself is suitable for smoking, and you can sterilize and clean a glass hand pipe easily without requiring any help. Since they are easy to clean, a lot of people prefer to use them as a healthier way to smoke. Glass hand pipes also don’t heat up as expected, and even when they do, they cool down pretty quickly. This means you won’t burn your mouth or fingers when you smoke. Finally, glass pipes are also a superior choice in terms of aesthetics as they look better than hand pipes made from other materials, e.g. clay, wood, metal, etc.
Types of Glass Pipes
Glass pipes come in various shapes and forms. Following are the most popular types available on the market:
- Chillum: A chillum is one of the simplest types of hand pipes. To use it, all you need to do is pack dried weed at one end, light it up, and use the other end to inhale it.
- Spoons: Spoon pipes or spoons are inspired from tobacco pipes. They feature a bowl to store the herb at one end and a hole that functions as a carburetor to keep the smoke fresh at all times.
- Sherlocks: Named after Sherlock Holmes, this hand pipe features a bowl to hold and heat the herb and a stem to deliver the smoke.
- Blubbers: Blubbers are hybrid pipes. They feature a small chamber for water that filters out any harsh elements of herb to provide a smooth experience.
- Steamrollers: Steamrollers are the most complicated type of pipes. They feature a carburetor, a bowl, and a cooling chamber to offer a strong hit.
How to Use a Glass Pipe
Using a glass pipe is pretty straight forward. It involves the following steps:
- Clean it first.
- Choose the herb of your choice. Using dried herbs is recommended as they light up easily.
- Light it. You can use a lighter or match.
- Start smoking.
When using a glass pipe, it’s important to handle it care as it’s quite fragile if mishandled. It is also recommended that you hold the bowl upright when using it to avoid accidental spills.
Looking to buy your first glass pipe? Browse our wide range of offerings shown on the sidebar to get started. We offer a variety of high-quality hand pipes and glass pipes, along with a lot of accessories to make your smoking experience enjoyable.