water pipe and a hand pipe that may come in materials such as silicone, wood, metal, or borosilicate glass. If you are looking for a new smoking pipe that utilizes water for filtration, then these bubblers are an excellent choice for you.
What Are Bubblers?
A bubbler is an ideal smoking accessory that filters your smoke. It produces bubbles with the smoke you pull in as you are using it, hence its name. basically, a small water pipe, making them portable. So, if you like to hit the road and take the bong with you, owning a bubbler is a must have. Whether you have water or not, a bubbler can be used without water, just like a normal hand pipe.
The Difference Between Bongs and Bubblers
Since both bongs and bubblers utilize water for filtration, many people consider them the same thing. However, this is not totally true. While there are some similarities, e.g. both are water pipes, offer smoother hits, feature recyclers, and percolators, bongs and bubblers are different from one another in a number of aspects. Bowl size is one noticeable difference. Bubblers usually have smaller, more shallow bowls. The next difference is portability. Bubblers are typically one solid piece of material, e.g. glass, and they offer great portability. Bongs on the other hand are larger than bubblers and also require multiple pieces, hence making them less portable. Customization is also a major difference. Bongs are usually more customizable because they have multiple parts.
The Various Advantages of Bubblers
There are a number of different reasons and advantages of using bubblers. These include (but not limited to) the following:
- Portability: If you want to be discreet, then bubblers are an ideal option due to their compact size. After all, it’s easier to stash away a small hand water pipe. Not to mention the small size of bubblers also makes them fairly easy to keep clean.
- Strong, Smooth Hits: Bubblers are much easier to handle when it comes to keeping it lowkey while still taking strong, potent hits from herbs. And as long as the pipe is clean, they also offer a smooth hit.
- Water Filtration: One of the best things about a bubbler is that you can use it with or without water. However, using water is recommended as it will give you a more solid, purer taste with fewer toxins. Not to mention it will be better for your throat and lungs.
Types of Bubblers
There are a wide variety of water bubblers out there. However, different types of bubblers have many things in common. They all have a stem, a water chamber, and a bowl. These features may vary in size or shape depending on the type of bubbler. Following are some of the most popular types of bubblers available on the market:
- Hammer: The hammer features a flat bottom which means you can easily lay it flat between uses and you won’t have to worry about it falling off or rolling around your table.
- Sherlock: A sherlock bubbler is similar to a hammer because of its flat bottom. The key difference is that it usually has a longer stem and some of them feature the “S” shape.
- Pendant: Pendant bubblers are pretty small as compared to other types and feature a tiny hole somewhere which allows them to be used as a necklace.
- Sidecar: Short for side carb, sidecar bubblers have a hole on their bowl’s side to carb the smoke. They have enhanced airflow, which gives you a bigger, more intense hit.
How to Use a Bubbler
To use a bubbler bong, it is important to ensure that the dry herbs you choose are ground up. Slowly pour water down the stem. Don’t try to put it down from the bowl as you want to make sure that the bottom of bowl doesn’t get wet, hence making it easier for the herbs to heat up. Pack the herbs in your bowl until they cover the brim. That’s it, you are now ready to light it up and enjoy your smoke.
How Much Water Should I Pour?
One of the great things about water bubblers is that you can easily determine how much water you need to pour by simply looking at them. Bubblers usually don’t require much water due to their compact design. If you are not sure, it is recommended that you fill up just under half of the water chamber with water. All you need to make sure is that you hear it bubble up nicely and you are done.
How to Clean a Bubbler
Cleaning the bubbler is a pretty straightforward process. Whether you are using hot water or a formula, make sure to let it soak in a bit. This will clear all the residue off the edges and corners. If you use anything else besides hot water, then it is highly recommended that you rinse it out with warm water. It would also be a good idea to use bristle brush. Use the brush to clean the bowl and the down stem area as much as possible.
When to Use a Bubbler vs. a Bong
Because of their fragile features and larger size, bongs are best used when at home. They are not made to be portable. They are good for massive hits or longer sessions due to their deeply packed bowls.
Bubblers are an ideal choice when it’s time to hit the road. Their minimal features as well as the compact size make them easy to stash away in a backpack or glove box. They are great for solo sessions but you can also use them for sharing.
Now that you have learned about water bubblers, it’s time to invest in one that suits your preferences. Browse the products listed below or use the categories on the sidebar to find affordable bubblers, grinders, bongs, smoking accessories, and more.