What Are Bongs?
A bong in short is a water pipe. A water pipe is a filtration device that is used for smoking tobacco, cannabis, and other dried herbs. It uses water to filter the smoke from cannabis, marijuana, etc. and ensures that no water-dissolving molecules and heavy residue particles enter the respiratory system. Bongs are available in a wide range of different styles, shapes, and sizes.
If you have never seen or used a bong before, it may seem confusing. To help you better understand such a piece of equipment, let’s take a look at the various components of a bong. When it comes to bongs, there are five main parts:
- Bowl: The bowl is the round attachment where dried marijuana or cannabis is loaded and combusted. Bowl is usually removable and it acts as a slide or pull-carburetor.
- Downstem: The downstem is the small tube that allows the smoke to travel from the bowl to the base.
- Carb: Short for carburetor, the carb is a small hole that is made to clear the smoke from the bong’s chamber. Slide- or pull-carb is the most common type of carburetor found on glass bongs.
- Base: The base is the bottom component of a bong. Depending on the style of the bong, it can take many shapes. The base is often made in a beaker or bubble shape to create the water chamber that cools the smoke passing through the water.
- Tube: The tube is the chamber that fills with smoke after its filtration via water. Other features, e.g. ice pinch, are usually added in the tube design.
Things to Consider When Buying a Bong
With a wide range of bongs for sale out there, it can be overwhelming to choose the one that’s right for you. So, it is recommended that you ask yourself some key questions to narrow down your options.
Firstly, what type of stoner are you? Are you a casual smoker who prefers mellow experience or more of a heavy hitter that wants the biggest buzz possible? You might be something in between. Generally, if you are a heavy hitter, then it would be a good idea to get a larger, more advanced bong. And if you are looking for a more mellow experience, then a more dainty, smaller bong would be an ideal choice.
Next, it is recommended that you think about the environment in which your bong will reside. For instance, a glass bong is not an ideal choice in a party house. You may want to consider a bong made of sturdy material. On the other hand, if you live a more low-key lifestyle, then you may proceed to choose a glass bong as it will offer a better smoking experience for you and your friends as compared to, let’s say, a vinyl or plastic one.
Price is another key factor to consider when buying a bong. The fancier and larger bongs with a lot of features and attachments are more expensive. Glass bongs are also quite costly. So, keep this in mind when choosing your perfect bong. Buying an expensive bong that comes with all the bells and whistles is not recommended if you are a casual stoner on a budget.
Types of Bongs for sale
You can find a vast array of bongs for sale online that differ not only in their design and shape, but also in their features and materials. There are bongs that come with wider bases, those with straight up and down design, and those that look like fancy vases. Bongs can be made from ceramic, glass, acrylic, silicone, etc. While there are a lot of designs a bong can take, the essential forms include the following:
- Recyclers: Recyclers constantly move water around to create a more filtered, slower hit.
- Standard Tube Bongs: These are generally available in acrylic, wood, silicone, and glass. These are the most common types of bongs that a majority of people use.
- Beaker Bongs: These bongs have a base shaped like a scientific beaker, hence the name. They typically feature a larger base chamber that stores a bigger hit.
- Gravity Bongs: These are very popular because they are easy to make in your home. You can also buy ready-made ones from the market. Those are usually made with glass.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does a Bong Work?
It’s a pretty straightforward process. Once the bowl is loaded with dry herbs, these herbs are combusted, forming a smoke that will travel to the water chamber via the downstem. The smoke gathers in the bong’s body, where it is then drawn out via the mouthpiece as you inhale.
What Makes a Good Bong?
There are a number of different factors associated with a good bong. These include size, color, style, thickness, accessories, comfort, quantity of percolators, types of percolators, etc. The most important thing is that you find the right bong that works for you. Choose the one that excites you when you see it. A bong that you would be proud to show off to your friends during a session.
How to Get Rid of a Bong Water Smell?
Cleaning your bong with isopropyl alcohol is the best way to get rid of your bong water smell. Rinse thoroughly and fill with fresh water. Keep in mind that prevention is the best solution to avoid bong water smell.
Are Bongs Allowed on Airplanes?
Technically, if your piece is 100% clean and has no residue of anything in it, then you should be in the clear. However, it would be best to not push the boundaries, particularly when the risk you are running is upwards of a felony.
Can You Legally Purchase Bongs Online?
Yes. Contrary to what some people believe, purchasing water pipes online is not risky at all. As long as you are of legal age where you live, you can buy bongs online legally.
Bongs are the best water pipe at your disposal for consuming cannabis or marijuana in a traditional manner. Despite their somewhat intimidating appearance, these water-filtered pipes are nothing to be afraid of; they exist to make the smoking experience enjoyable and smooth. The good news is, buying them is now easier than ever thanks to their availability on the internet. As long as you are of legal age, you can find any kind of bong for sale from the online headshop Haze Emporium